Richmond in Virginia is the capital city and known for amazing fine arts museum, historic site and various tourists’ destinations. The climate here is humid subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and cold winters. This city has a mixture of architecture including Georgian, federal, Greek revival, neoclassical and Gothic revival.
Places to visit-
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts- This museum has huge variety of fine art exhibits and ancient Egyptian works.
- Belle Isle- It’s a small island in the city of Richmond with Great view of the city and you can also enjoy warm weather of the city here.
- The Garden Club of Virginia- A large horticultural club which organizes shows & tours.
- The Valentine- The Valentine is a museum dedicated to the city’s history. It is the first museum in the city and exhibits artifacts of Richmond's history.
- Children’s Museum of Richmond- A museum for children with hands on exhibits for tykes.
- St. John's Church-It is an episcopal church in Richmond and is the oldest church in the city. Plenty of good restaurants, bakeries, and attractive historic sites are nearby.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Museum- It’s a museum dedicated to American writer Edgar Allan Poe and was founded in 1973.
- Agecroft Hall- Absolutely stunning Manor gardens and self-guided exhibit with beautiful and interesting artifact.
- American Civil War Museum- Historic Tredegar- It’s the Best museum for exploring 3 perspectives to Civil War. The museum also exhibits the chronology of whole war.
Where to stay?
- Premier Inn London Richmond- This hotel is 5-minute walk from Old Deer Park with good clean rooms and pleasant staff. The hotel offers amenities like free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast.
- The Petersham Hotel- Affordable hotel with a very pleasing staff and also a 5 minutes' walk from Richmond Park and only 1 mile from Richmond station .
- Dukes Head Inn- This hotel offers clean rooms and friendly staff with Great pub, good atmosphere and music.