Richmond is the capital city of Virginia, United States. This city has historic monuments of the Revolutionary War era. There are a great number of churches and museums in the city which can particularly interest the tourists. The museum in Court End was once the home of the Confederate President Jefferson Davis during the civil war.
Places to visit-
- Maymont- It is a huge and beautiful Victorian estate that has picturesque gardens.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts- Art works including the Picasso, Goya and Faberge are displayed here.
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden- There is a flowering oasis which is a perfect place for candid photography.
- Virginia State Capitol- It is a government landmark built in a colonial style.
- American Civil War Museum- A historic museum displaying exhibits of the time of the civil war in America.
- Hollywood Cemetery- It is ascenic Graveyard with a significant history behind it.
- Belle Isle- It is an island park offering swimming activity for the visitors.
- The Garden Club of Virginia- This horticulture club was started in the 1920s.
- Robert E Lee Memorial- An equestrian statue is built in the memory of a Civil War General named Robert E Lee.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- Jackson Ward
Places to stay-
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond- A posh 4-star hotel with a riverside view with dining, pool and gym facilities.
- Linden Row Inn- A 19th century Greek revival house now converted to into a Victorian style hotel offers the old-world rooms and suites for the guests to take a feel of that era.
- Clarion Hotel Central- A 3-star budget hotel offering a Mexican restaurant and gym facility.
- Hilton Richmond Downtown- It is an historic building having an American restaurant and indoor pool.